Mechanical couplings LENTON FITTINGS
Tapered thread connection The most common mechanical connection method in the world.
The LENTON mechanical connection system is a universal method of connecting reinforcing bars using specially manufactured couplings. Self-centering LENTON tapered thread design provides ease of installation, operational stability and durability. The reinforcing bar joint is carried out using a special LENTON coupling with an internal tapered thread of the same thread profile on the bars.
The LENTON technological system consists of:
– branded LENTON couplings of various types, manufactured using a special technology;
– end anchors for fast anchoring of reinforcing bars in reinforced concrete structures
– equipment for threading on reinforcing bars, first of all – the proprietary patented LENTON threading machine
– additional equipment: hand cutters, Speed Sleeve compression connection, and LENTON Plus cold pressing presses
– additional mounting equipment in the form of a universal torque wrench.
Benefits of connecting reinforcement using the LENTON method
– Ability to connect reinforcing bars of all diameters used in reinforcing reinforced concrete structures
– the minimum increase in the diameter of the bar at the junction, which does not affect the size of the concrete cover
– Creation of equal strength joints for the entire length of the bar
– impossibility of unscrewing due to tightening the connection with a normalized effort
– Maintaining the geometric axis of the bar along the entire length of the reinforcing bar
– Mechanical connection can be used with reinforcing bars of any length, shape, diameter or combination of reinforcement diameters
This technology, introduced into the construction project, creates the strength of the connection along the entire length of the reinforcing structure, ensures the uniformity of the perception of loads, the stability of their distribution throughout the entire section of the reinforcing bar. In this way, each individual LENTON coupling behaves like a continuous reinforcing bar element.